Terms & Conditions
To ensure that your holiday is the best it can be, and for future guests, we ask that you respect the holiday property and our neighbours by abiding by the following Terms and Conditions. any breach of the Terms and Conditions may result in early termination and/or loss of bond.
Please read carefully. When you make a reservation with us, these Terms and Conditions are deemed to have been accepted by all guests that stay at a property.
If you need clarification of any Terms and Conditions or have any issues, before, during or after the stay please contact us immediately so that we can attempt to correct the issue promptly. Compensation will not be considered unless we have been informed during the stay and allowed the opportunity to remedy it.
Bookings are accepted by Elders Lifestyle Group in good faith, in the event that we must cancel a guest booking due to the property being withdrawn, sold, owner request etc, a full refund including the booking fee (this excludes any card/processing fee) will be provided and every endeavour made for an alternative property to be booked (subject to availability), but no claim, right, action or demand shall be made by either party.
1. All properties are privately owned and are rented on a fully contained basis. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, please notify our office asap. There is no obligation for the owner or Elders Lifestyle Group to compensate or discount.
2. If your holiday property is listed for sale while you are in residence, the occupier agrees to allow the owner or agent to conduct inspections with prospective purchasers at mutually convenient times by appointment.
3. Check in /Key collection – You will receive an email confirmation after making your booking with the details confirming your booking, including check-in and check-out times. You will receive another email prior to your arrival with the specific details of key collection and lockbox codes. If you have not received this email prior to arrival, please contact the office.
4. If the keys are not returned within the allotted time a "late checkout fee" of $50.00 may be charged. (The purpose of these times is to allow the necessary time to clean the premises for new incoming bookings. Please consider your fellow incoming holiday occupants.)
5. The number of guests - Each holiday property is equipped for a specific number of guests. No mattresses, tents, caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. It is against Health Department Regulations for more persons to occupy a property than there are beds to accommodate them. The guest limits apply for the duration of the booking. Any unapproved excess guests/visitors may result in your booking being cancelled with no refund.
6. Excessive noise or parties will not be tolerated and may lead to immediate cancellation/eviction of the booking with no refund. There is to be no excessive noise between 10 pm and 8 am. If a noise complaint is made by a neighbour or police are called to the property then you will risk being evicted with no refund. Noise disruptions include loud behaviour of any type that disrupts the peace and quiet of others, intrusive or abusive language, anti-social behaviour, loud music or any other sounds affecting other residents.
7. Good neighbour policy - The property is a privately-owned home, and we enforce a ‘Good Neighbour Policy’. Please treat the property with the same care you would use with your own residence and leave it in the same condition it was in when you arrived. All occupants of the property agree to conduct themselves throughout the stay in a manner that is respectful of and not disruptive to neighbours, traffic flow, or the community and that will not prompt complaints from the police, local council, neighbours, or the neighbourhood. You and other occupants agree to abide by all applicable parking restrictions and limitations.
8. Code of Conduct - The NSW government has introduced a Code of Conduct for short-term rentals to better manage and address anti-social behaviour, amenity impacts (including in shared facilities such as pools and gyms) and other issues experienced by neighbours and communities. There are new requirements under the Code for all industry participants including hosts, guests, letting agents and booking platforms. As a guest, you:
9. Must not make noise that unreasonably disrupts your neighbours and must not cause damage to the premises, including any common property are responsible for the actions of your visitors and must ensure they meet the behaviour standards set out in the Code.
If you don’t meet your obligations under the Code, you could be issued a warning notice, fine or be added to the exclusion register if two breaches (‘strikes’) are recorded in a two-year period. If you are added to the exclusion register, you won’t be able to be a guest in short-term rental accommodation for five years. More information You can find more information on the Code and the new requirements on the NSW Fair Trading website at fairtrading.nsw.gov.au
10. Bookings will only be accepted by responsible adults over the age of 21 who will be occupying the property.
11. Pets are permitted ONLY at the properties that are marked as pet-friendly on our website with the below conditions:
Dogs are kept outside at all times. All pet faeces must be removed from the yard, bagged and placed in the bin or an extra cleaning fee will be charged, this includes bones and filling of holes caused by any dogs.
If the property is found to be flea-infested after your departure a pest spray fee will be charged.
Please consider your neighbours and control your pet to avoid barking.
Any property damage as a result of the pet will result in additional costs to yourself for repair.
12. Smoking is not permitted inside any of our properties or on the grounds of some. If evidence of smoking inside the property is detected, you will be charged for steam cleaning of carpets and furniture, laundering of all soft furnishings and linens, plus replacement of linen where necessary. If we receive a complaint in regards to smoking in or on the grounds of a property, you may be asked to leave and will not receive any refund.
13. Illegal or unauthorised activities will render automatic termination of this agreement. You will be required to vacate immediately and all funds will be retained for any unused portion of your booking.
14. All premises are fully self-contained, however; linen is not provided. (i.e. sheets, pillowcases, towels, bath mats, tea towels), please check with our office if you are unsure. Linen hire may be available, please ensure this is organised more than a week prior to arrival. A small complimentary supply of kitchen detergent and toilet paper is provided.
15. A Booking is confirmed upon payment of the full deposit (paid by the due date). Please choose your booking carefully as deposits are not transferable. Cancellations are refunded only if written notice of cancellation is received 8 weeks prior to your arrival date, or if after this date when the premises are relet for an equal number of days/dollar value for the period of the booking. All cancellations are subject to a $100.00 cancellation and handling fee. No refund on any unused portion of a confirmed holiday booking will be made.
16. Cancellations due to Covid-19 will be subject to the owners discretion as to whether a refund will be offered or your booking can be moved to an alternative date. Elders will refer the enquiry to the property owner and respond to guests when a decision has been reached. The booking fees are not refundable.
17. All bookings are subject to a booking fee payable at the time of paying the deposit. Any booking fee paid to the agent as part of a booking is not refundable. Additional booking fees apply when booking via external websites (i.e. Booking.com, Stayz etc).
18. You may be required to pay a $500 - $1000 refundable security bond depending on the property you have booked. For all other properties, you will need to provide your credit card details as security for your booking. Should the property be found excessively dirty, or items missing or damaged, the cost of additional cleaning and/or the cost of repair or replacement of such items will be deducted from your security deposit or your credit card.
19. The property must be left clean and tidy and all rubbish removed. All damage, breakages or losses to the property and/or furniture/furnishings are to be reported to the Agent and paid for immediately. All furnishings and equipment must be left on the premises as originally found. All BBQs need to be cleaned, otherwise, a cleaning fee will be charged.
20. No responsibility is taken for guests' personal property left on the premises. Items will only be held for 14 days and if not claimed will be disposed of. If you would like your items returned it is the guest's responsibility to provide Elders with a suitable prepaid satchel for its return by Australia Post or courier.
21. Keys are to be collected from our office during normal business hours unless prior arrangements have been made. If you intend to arrive outside our business hours, you must make key arrangements with our office. Under no circumstances will keys be left out unless your accommodation fees, including the Security Bond, have been paid in full. The Agent, Elders Lifestyle Group, will not be responsible for alternative accommodation or any other costs when guests arrive after hours.
22. We have taken great care to describe your accommodation as accurately as possible and in good faith.No responsibility can be accepted for errors, omissions or misdescriptions. Please choose your property carefully using the information provided on our comprehensive websites and/or brochure. There will be no provision to change properties or offer a refund on your arrival if you are unhappy with your choice.
23. Guests are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. In the case of lost keys, the guest will be responsible for the cost of replacing locks and cutting keys.
24. If you lock yourself out of your accommodation after hours, a lock-out fee of $100 applies.
25. You are required to allow repair and or service personnel to enter the premises for conducting any repair or service deemed necessary by the agent. Such times of entering will be arranged prior where possible between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM unless in the opinion of the Agent, an emergency situation could exist or arise.
26. In the case of apartments and villas, car parking or carports are usually numbered. No extra cars, boats, caravans or tents are to be on the grounds of the property or your booking may be terminated with no refund.
27. In the event of renovation/building work being carried out in or near the holiday premises, such work is beyond our control and we cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience you may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated for any of the above.
28. On the day of departure, all keys are to be returned to our office or left in key boxes as per instructions provided, by the notified time. Failure to return keys on the morning of departure may incur replacement costs for locks and keys.
29. Holiday guests are encouraged to undertake travel insurance for their stay, as neither the property owner nor the agent accepts any liability for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the agent or owners control.
A booking is confirmed upon payment of the full deposit (paid by the due date). Please choose your booking carefully as deposits are not transferable.
a) Refunds of a cancelled booking are refunded only on one of the following basis:
- written notice of cancellation 8 weeks prior to your arrival date
- change of dates is received 8 weeks prior to your arrival date
b) If within the 8-week period (prior to your arrival date) all monies received can only be refunded if and when the premises are relet for an equal number of days/dollar value for the period of the confirmed booking.
c) Changes to confirmed booking dates can only occur subject to a, or b, above.
d) No refund on any unused portion of a confirmed holiday booking will be made.
e) All cancellations must be in writing. All cancellations are subject to a $100.00 cancellation and handling fee. The booking fees are not refundable under any circumstance.